Investing in a rug is always a good idea. A rug can add color and comfort to your house. You can use it to lounge around on the floor and accommodate guests in your home when the furniture falls short. It is homely and earthy and adds a cozy vibe to your lace. However, a rug can easily accumulate a lot of dust and dirt and let’s not even get to spillage stains. If you want your rug to last you for years, you need to find a way to clean it regularly. Regular cleaning is the heart and soul of rug maintenance. It could get difficult to tell when you need to clean your rug, as rugs can hide a lot of the dirt that it gathers. All you need to do to check whether your rug requires a cleanse is, pick up a corner and then let it drop to the ground. If you notice a cloud of dust arising, it’s time for you to deep clean that rug.
A professional rug cleaning is desired as rugs can be a pain to clean. However, professional rug cleaning isn’t cheap. Instead, you can learn how professionals clean a rug and then try to do it yourself. The best part about cleaning your own rug is knowing about the products being used to clean this rug. You don’t always have a say regarding this when you ship your rug off to a professional cleaning service. However, there’s always Aspen Roto Cleaning the rug cleaning specialists in Utah whose services you could trust if you happen to be in or around Utah.
DIY At Home Rug Cleaning
Before we jump into how you could clean your rug at home like a pro, let’s list the things you will need in your attempt at cleaning out your rug:
- Rubber Gloves,for protecting your hands
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mild dishwash detergent
- Garden Hose
- Soft-bristled Scrub Brush
- Rug Shampoo
- A squeegee
Once you’ve assembled the above, you are ready to start cleaning your rug. Here’s how to do it
- The first step in professionally cleaning your rug is to vacuum off the dry dust and dirt that your rug may have accumulated.
- Next,it’s time to apply the rug cleaner on your rug. Be careful not to apply the entirety of the rug cleaner onto the rug before testing it for compatibility. Choose an inconspicuous portion of your rug and use a couple of drops of the cleaner on this section to check colorfastness. You don’t want your beautiful red rug to become a faded pink after you’re done washing it. If the color does not run, you can proceed to use the cleaner on other parts of the rug too.
- Apply the cleaner to the rug with the sponge or scrub until soap suds form,and then allow it to sit for a while. You can rinse off the soap after this.
- Take the hose and wash off the rug well. Don’t let any soap stay on in the rug.
- You may now use the squeegee to drain off excess water from the washed rug.
- The next step is to dry the cleaned rug. Lay it on one side for drying and when this side has dried up,turn it over so that the opposite side can dry.
- You can vacuum the rug one last time to loosen up the fibers which may have become compacted during washing.
- Return this rug to your room and there you have it.
Why you should consider getting a professional to clean your rug
If you don’t have the time or energy to follow the above steps and clean your rug by yourself, you can always hire professional help. Sure you’ll have to send a little, but your professionally cleaned rug will be more thoroughly cleaned, and you can expect it to last for longer.
If you are a first-time rug owner, you may not want to be responsible for damaging your rug in trying to clean it. If it’s an ancient rug or an expensive one, it makes sense to have a professional rug cleaning service take care of it.
Aspen Roto Cleaning are the rug cleaning specialists in Utah you should consult if you want your rug cleaned in Utah. They don’t call themselves the best rug cleaning specialists in Utah for nothing – they have a dedicated hands on team of rug cleaners who know how to work with a range of rugs. They will make sure no harm comes to your rug in the cleaning process. Aspen Roto Cleaning is the enemy of unclean rugs and they will make it their business to deep clean your rug for a dirt and disease free household.